Week 1 – Initial Parents Meeting and Training Session
Location: Beach Haven Marlin & Tuna Club, 420 N Pennsylvania Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008. Parking is available on Pennsylvania Ave or at Queen City Marina near the clubhouse.
This mandatory parents meeting and training session marks the start of the 2023 BHCFA Junior Mate Training Program. Program details will be provided by Capt. Max Goldman and Capt. Nick Perello.
- Parents Meeting – Discussion about the tentative schedule and the importance of watching for updates via email and text messages.
- Introduction & Check-In – New and Returning Junior Mates.
- Boat Basics – Training for New Junior Mates.
- Knot Tying – New Mates will learn Palomar, End Loop, Dropper Loop, Improved Clinch knots. Returning Mates will learn Uni Knot, Uni-to-Uni Knot, Albright, and Hook Snell knots.
- Assist New Mates – A session for Returning Junior Mates to help newcomers.
Please note: Knot tying will be tested on subsequent Thursday nights.
For further details, contact Capt. Max Goldman at 609-384-3969 or Capt. Nick Perello at 609-678-7141.