Code of Ethics for Charter Operations
Voted by the Active Membership on March 14, 2004
- Always operate with safety first in your mind.
- Treat all customers and crews with respect and dignity. Value people.
- Remember that you are in the entertainment business. Delight your customers.
- Always do the right thing.
- Always do things right.
- Provide customers with your Terms and Conditions of their charter and expect that those rules be observed by all.
- Give your customers fair value.
- Our objectives are founded on the beliefs that game fish species, related food fish, and their habitats are economic, social, recreational, and aesthetic assets which must be maintained, wisely used and perpetuated; and that the sport of angling is an important recreational, economic, and social activity which the public must be educated to pursue in a manner consistent with sound sporting and conservation practices.
- Always consider fisheries conservation. Suggest that customers not keep more fish than they can use within a reasonable time. Where possible, tag and release billfish. Educate customers as to the value of that process.
- Conservation, education, encouraging and training youngsters to enter the sport are part of our mission.
- Members are strongly encouraged to join fisheries conservation organizations and other organizations that protect the recreational sport fishing industry.
- Protect your crews from customers’ excessive expectations.
If you would like to be considered for membership in the Beach Haven Charter Fishing Association please complete the form below, include the required documentation and mail it to,
Capt. Jimmy Zavacky,
25 Streeker RD.
Wrightstown, NJ 08562